Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Refugee

I am a refugee in my own place. Walking through a wasteland of consumerism and squandering.

I Long for a place that is not far off, but out of our grasp, a place where humans have ambition but without greed, where one is judged by actions alone, a place where you feel part of a clan but feel no hate, a place where the limitations of our world are understood and embraced.

Standing strong on a soft foundation is not easy and that is the plight of other refugees like I. The walls of good belief are built on an ice flow of half truth and slander. How do you grow a tree in quicksand?

I see small islands of truth and I long to build bridges to these islands. I want the refugees to form a new nation and world, still Canada, still Earth but better. The ingredients of hope, ideals, knowledge, and communication are the cement for a new foundation.

Stand refugees and be counted, tell the keepers of the quicksand and ice flows to step aside.

No comments: