Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Your Car or Plastic Crap??

People are slamming the car (me too) and saying that it is all evil and sick. I want to think again. I love my VW convertible. I bought it 3rd hand so no new car had to be built (lower impact on the world) It gets 42 miles per gallon on the HWY, not perfect but OK. I get a major vitamin D shot from the sun everyday.

So hey what about the carbon, what about the oil used?? Well to this I say give me my car and take away my disposable world. No more plastic disposable crap! When you buy something make sure it is meant to last for life or longer! No more fast food style products give me the freedom of wheels instead. Buy less stuff you don't need and drive your car. What if the money men take away our mobility (cars) but keep selling us cheap junk that goes away quick so that we have to buy more and more and more?

Now I believe that there should be rules for cars moving forward. Gas mileage needs to go up (my 42 miles per gallon should be seen as pathetic). 50% of all cars should be electric or hybrid. All new cars should be designed to be either reused after their guts give out our reasonably recycled. If you choose not to own a car you should get a tax break! If you drive a big clunker you should take a tax hit (I also have a minivan I would take a tax hit for that)!

So say yes to your car, do not give up your freedom, but you must then give up your garbage and throw away world.

Using less is the only true savior of our society.

No comments: